Tuesday, November 7, 2017

When it pours

Yesterday, as I settled into doing some last minute work prior to picking up the Beats, I got a phone call from their daycare. The teacher was calling to let me know that She-Beat had a rug-burn mark on her body, but that she had come to school with it so it wasn't something they were going to document. As the teacher began to hang-up the phone, I informed her that She-Beat hadn't left the house with any marks on her body.

45 minutes later, I would be standing in pediatric urgent care, begging the nurses to an appointment. They got her in as soon as they could, where the doctor assessed the raised marks on her body, declaring it some sort of bug bite or allergic reaction that she had been rubbing and sending us home with a dosing recommendation for Benadryl.

I would then end the night with trying to return some rotting vegetables that had been purchased a couple of days earlier (the store's policy allows for it), but being treated terribly in the process like I was somehow scamming the system.

It wasn't a good night.

Today has been a hard one. Despite having two good tours for new preschools, news from our landlord that she's moving forward with repairs and a pending interview for me next week, I'm really struggling with feeling hopeful. A big part of me wants to fight, laying into the people that have been the sources for so much anxiety and pain. It's because of this that Grey and I have been fighting as he really wants me to avoid burning bridges (and I do agree with him). But damnit, it's hard not to go off the deep end for things that make everyone in the room quickly fall silent and stare at you with wide-eyes.

There's the saying "when it rains, it pours." Hell, there's even a country music song and rap song about it. The bad on top of the bad. But like with any storm, the downpour can only last for so long. I'm just wondering how much longer this downpour is going to go on for. Because I would really, really like to see a rainbow very soon. That instead of feeling a need to scream, there's just a sense of peace.

2 comments:

  1. Gah, Cristy. I'm sorry that the hard things just keep coming. Wishing for you a rainbow and a sense of peace. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for that freaking rainbow. My goodness, I fell behind in reading and commenting and I feel like it's just a maelstrom of awful. I'm sorry you were treated poorly at the grocery (I always feel like I'm guilty of scamming when I do the same, but luckily they're nice about it most of the time). What the flippity flap with the rugburn/allergic thing on She-Beat, and it seems like "we're not going to document it since she came in with it" is not the best response. I'm sorry you're dealing with one thing after another. I hope it goes to an upswing sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved