Monday, June 8, 2015

#MicroblogMondays: the calm after the storm

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

There's a period with healing that is initiated almost immediately after the shock that comes from bad news. A calm that overcomes the body following the anger, the sadness and even the white hot flush. It's with that calm that our whole beings can become peaceful as the news seeps into our bones. The new reality sets in when the dream of the one we wanted dies.

This morning that calm is setting in. With news of the heat wave in Seattle (90 degrees F is considered very hot here), it's hard not to simply surrender and reflect. So as I spend the day grading and reorganizing my thoughts, I'm allowing the healing to begin. Finding the calm after the storm.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's hot.

    I hadn't heard this song before. Thanks for introducing it to me. And for making me want pie (also, I just read Justine's #MBM post. You two in cahoots with the dessert industry?)

    I'm glad you've accessed the calm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to turn off the hurt. It came for me in waves. But the beforehand was sometimes worse; being in that waiting state where you don't want to feel hope except you can't help that either. It's so hard to turn off the hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Grey didn't get the job. I agree with Melissa, it's almost impossible to turn off the hope. Glad you are finding some calm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cristy, I know how badly you wanted this. I'm sorry. I'm glad you are surrendering- there is something comforting in the surrender. Like you can breathe, let go, live in the present. I hear ya sister, I hear ya.

    PS - looking forward to listening to the song with moonbeam tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I converted 90 F to 32C, I sympathised. That is extremely hot for Wellington (not for other parts of NZ) too, and in fact I only remember it being that hot once or twice in the 26 years I've lived here.

    Glad the calm is moving in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely hot for Seattle, isn't it? Sending belated (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved