Saturday, October 22, 2011

In the beginning

For me, introductions are like icebreakers: seem very simple in concept but incredibly hard to execute.

My name is Cristy. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I love being outdoors, but am also addicted to sleeping in on Saturdays. I'm married to the love of my life, Grey, and have been happily married for 7 1/2 years. Two years ago, after many blissful years for of coupledom, we decided to toss the birth control and try for a baby.  After all, it was suppose to be so easy; no woman in my family ever had trouble getting pregnant.  Yet here we are, 2 years later and not a single BFP. Two years of hoping; two years of disappointment.
 
After being diagnosed with unexplained infertility and 3 failed IUIs, we are preparing for IVF.  IVF: those three letters bring so much hope and so much dread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved